1. Information Collected by Showingly
When you use the Services, we collect a variety of information from and about you, your devices, and your interaction with the Services. Some of this information identifies you directly or can be used to identify you when combined with other data.
- Information you provide. When using the Services, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself, including your name, profile picture, contact information, payment information, details about your home or properties you are interested in, and financial information. This may occur, for example, when you register on the Services, request a showing, delegate or purchase a showing, share or save a property, connect a listing, request Showingly Bids Services, or correspond with a real estate professional (such as a real estate agent or broker) via the Services. You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies. Some information you provide through the Services is collected and processed by third parties on our behalf. For example, we may need to collect your credit or debit card information when you use some of the Services. This information is collected and processed by third-party payment processors. In the event that a credit report is required to use a Service, you may be asked to provide your Social Security number (“SSN”). When SSNs are required, we use technology to pass that information directly to the third-party providers who need the information to process the credit or background check report. If you are a real estate professional, you may be able to connect your third-party email account (such as Gmail) to your Showingly account. If you enable that connection, Showingly will access your messages, contacts, and settings to provide the requested Services to you.
- Mobile device and mobile browser information. You may adjust the settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
- Location Data. If you enable location services on your mobile device, Showingly may collect the location of your device, which we use to provide you with location-based information. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
- Usage logs. We collect information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- Public content. You may provide information publicly through the Services, including when you leave a testimonial for a real estate professional, feedback on a listing after a showing, or a review of a Showing Assistant.
Showingly will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13.
2. How Showingly Uses Your Information
Showingly generally uses the information collected about you to provide and improve the Services, including to:
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- provide and deliver the Services, process transactions and send related information such as confirmations and invoices;
- revise, modify, and update existing Services and develop new Services;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Showingly and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Showingly and others;
- personalize the Services and present you with advertising, content or features that we believe will be of interest or useful to you;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Email Management. You may receive email from Showingly for various reasons – for example, if you took an action through the Services you may receive a corresponding email. If you have an account with Showingly, you can select your preferences through your account settings. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
3. When Showingly Shares and Discloses Your Information
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting your information that identifies you personally. We will only share personal information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
- With your consent. When you consent or direct Showingly to share personal information. This happens when you submit your information through many of our Services. For example, if you choose to request a showing, through the Services, your name, phone number, profile picture, and email address will be made available to the real estate agent conducting the showing.
- Business transfers. If and when Showingly is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, we may share your personal information in connection with that transaction.
Showingly may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Interest-Based Advertising
In addition, if you have provided your email address to us, we may use a scrambled, unreadable form (a hash) of your email address to deliver tailored advertisements to you on the Services or on other websites, including via Facebook’s Custom Audience Feature or other similar tools. Click hereto learn about how you can control the ads you see on Facebook. We do not access or collect any of the contents of your email messages in providing interest-based advertising. Our use of information received from Gmail APIs will adhere to Google’s Limited Use Requirements.
You may opt-out of cookie tracking and analysis as described in the section below entitled ‘Opting Out of Collection of Information by Third Parties’. The Services do not otherwise respond to ‘do not track’ signals.
5. Opting Out of Collection of Information by Third Parties
6. Third-Party Links and Websites
7. Security and Retention of Information
Showingly takes reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us from unauthorized use, access, and disclosure, both during transmission and at rest. However, no transmission of information via the Internet or electronic storage solution can be entirely secure, so please be aware that we cannot guarantee absolute security.
You can access, update, and delete personal information you provide to Showingly in your account profile by logging into your account on the relevant Showingly Service. We may maintain a copy of the original version of your information in our records.
8. Transfer of Information to the United States
Showingly is based in the United States and you acknowledge that the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
9. Government and Private Party Information Requests
Showingly occasionally receives various forms of legal process from government agencies and private parties requesting information about Showingly users. Before we produce information, we will attempt to notify affected users and give them an opportunity to object unless notification is prohibited by law or if we believe that notification would create a risk of harm or be otherwise counterproductive.
10. Contacting Showingly
Attn: Consumer Privacy
11859 N Pecos St, Suite 200
Westminster, CO 80234